Cheer & Dance Organization Since 1929
Here are a few of the many reasons you should join Pop Warner:
– Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters!
Programs in 42 States & 7 Countries
– Pop Warner has active programs in 42 states and 7 different countries.
More than just athletes!
– Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play.
Little Scholars Program
– Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
– Pop Warner is the oldest national youth football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by Joe Tomlin, we now have over 140 leagues and over 425,000 members.
– Signing up for Pop Warner Football, Cheerleading or Dance is inexpensive. A typical registration fee for each participant ranges from about $75 to $200 for the season. Registration fees are set by each local program.
Pop Warner National Championships
– Each year, Pop Warner hosts the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championships. For the past 11 years, the event has taken place at ESPN's Wide World of Sports Complex™at Disney World. More than 300 cheer and dance squads and 64 football teams compete for the right to be crowned Pop Warner National Champion.
National Scholar Banquet
– Pop Warner hosts an awards program each year to celebrate the accomplishments of our participants. Nationally, we select First Team, Second Team and Honorable Mention All-American Scholars.
- Each year, we award scholarships for higher education to the most deserving students in our highest grade levels. Pop Warner is proud to have awarded nearly one million dollars in scholarships in just 17 years!
Mandatory Play Requirements
– Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every child is guaranteed to play.
– Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. We set and enforce a strict AGE & WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries.
Volunteers & Coaches
– We have over 40,000 volunteers and coaches that are being trained every year to offer the best and safest programs for you and your children.
– Pop Warner programs nationwide are required to annually conduct a background check of Coaches, Board of Directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers, who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players and/or spirit participants. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
Safety, Safety, Safety!
– Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program (local, regional and national) that sets and enforces a strict AGE & WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries. Did you know that Pop Warner football is safer than soccer? Pop Warner football has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5-15 year olds than organized soccer in the same age range!
Concussion Prevention & Awareness
–In addition to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, which have been in place for the 2010 season, Pop Warner recently announced the formation of the inaugural Pop Warner Medical Advisory Board. The Medical Advisory Board was created to ensure Pop Warner remains proactive on all medical issues that affect youth sports, particularly football and cheerleading, with a primary focus on prevention and proper identification and treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition guidelines, and general health and safety issues.